- What is Readers Choice Nominations?
Every year Hamilton Community News hosts an online nomination site (readerschoice.hamiltonnews.com) where people from the community can go to nominate their favourite businesses and/or professionals from the community so that they can be recognized.
- How many times can you nominate a business and/or professional?
You can nominate your favourite business and/or professional every day.
- Do all businesses and professionals that have been nominated move forward to the final voting?
Yes, all nominees will move forward to final voting.
- Will the businesses and/or professionals that have been nominated be contacted?
Account Representatives at Hamilton Community News will do their best to reach everyone on the official nominees listings, but we cannot guarantee everyone will be contacted due to the large volume and possibly inaccurate information (ie misspelled names).
- Do we receive anything for being an official nominee?
Your name will be listing in an Official Nominees Section that will be published in Hamilton Community News. All businesses and professionals are encouraged to advertise in this special section as many of our readers refer to it throughout the year. The Nominees Section is also posted on www.hamiltonnews.com
- What is Readers Choice Voting?
The business and/or professionals that have been nominated will be listed on the voting site (readerschoice.hamiltonnews.com) for approximately 10 days. People from the community can go to the site and vote for their favourites from the official list provided.
- How many times can you vote for a business or professional?
Only 1 vote per email address will be accepted per category for each business and/or professional. Once you have clicked on the VOTING button you will be unable to vote again for that business and/or professions in that category during the voting period.
- Once a business and/or professional have been voted for can I sign back in with my email address?
Yes, you can sign back in with your email address but you would be unable to vote for a business and/or professional within the same category that you have already voted for. You may however vote for another business and/or professional.
- How many winners are there in each category?
There are Platinum, Diamond, Gold, Silver & Bronze winners in each category.
- Will the winners be contacted?
Account Representatives at Hamilton Community News will do their best to reach everyone on the official winners listings, but we cannot guarantee everyone will be contacted due to the large volume.
- Do we receive anything for being a Winner?
Your name will be listed in an Official Winners Section that will be published in Hamilton Community News. All businesses and professionals are encouraged to advertise in this special section as many of our readers refer to it throughout the year. The section is also requested by new residents to the area as well as those who are looking for local recommendations for products or services. The Winners Section is also posted on www.hamiltonnews.com. If you choose to advertise in this section you will receive a certificate and a decal or plaque.
- Who do I contact if I would like to advertise in the Nominees and/or Winners Sections?
You can either call your Account Representative at Hamilton Community News or call 905-664-8800.
- Who do I contact if I have a nomination problem, general comment/question or technical issues?
Go to readerschoice.hamiltonnews.com and at the bottom of the page there is a link you can click on. Question or Comment? Contact Us.